Young Fathers Seminar
Fathers speaking with their Sons about Human Sexuality
A seminar led by Doug Hinderer, LMFT
Saturday June 19
7:00 – 11:45 am
Fathers of children up to grade 6 (age 11 or 12) are cordially invited to a seminar led by Doug Hinderer, LMFT, on a subject that’s often sensitive, if not awkward, yet always essential:
Fathers speaking with their sons about human sexuality.
FOR FATHERS ONLY; IT’S NOT A FATHER-SON EVENT.
Doug is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He and his wife, Shirley, have 9 children and 5 grandchildren (so far). Reference his website, happymarriageforlife.com.
To tackle this topic head on, it’s key to know that you as their father are in the best position to teach your children about human sexuality.
- “Aim to speak clearly and fearlessly with your child, with a welcoming naturalness, even if you have to fake that naturalness at first.
- This doesn’t mean that you will never feel awkward… (we guarantee you will).”
- Reference the Canavox outlines linked directly below.
- Your children should come to see you as the experts…
- Be the First Responders. “Better a year too early than five minutes too late.”
- Use a Socratic approach… Ask good questions, then listen…
- Warn about Porn.
For further background on father-son friendship, which is the all-important context for these challenging conversations, please see:
Our keynote speaker, Doug Hinderer, will also encourage fathers to work toward providing a positive male role model for their children, so they, in their turn, can hope to form strong marriages and happy families.
For More Information