Delta Father-Son Club
The Delta Father-Son Club is open to fathers and their sons in 4th through 6th grade. The goal of Delta Club is to help you raise your sons as men of character. Through monthly meetings, Delta Club provides a forum to systematically teach your sons the virtues and how to live them habitually in their daily lives. Participating boys learn to overcome difficulties, to stick to a task until it is finished, to respect others, and to aspire to higher ideals. In addition, the Delta Club provides tools to help you educate your sons to be this sort of man by facilitating conversations with your sons about deeper topics, including the virtues and how specifically they can struggle to grow in them as well as presenting opportunities for you to strengthen your friendships with your sons through interactive, competitive activities.
What are the goals of the Delta Club?
For the boys:
- To begin thinking about what kind of men they will become
- To learn about and develop fundamental virtues
- To engage in fun yet manly activities where they can develop their character
- To become friends with other boys who share similar ideals
For the fathers:
- To have a chance to be with their sons in a fun atmosphere
- To better understand and articulate the virtues and see how they can help their sons acquire them
- To have more occasions for the conversations they want to have with their sons about deeper subjects
CLUB MEETING SCHEDULE
For the boys with fathers attending
Talk on some aspect of character
For the boys: Activity
For the fathers: Talk on virtues
For the fathers and sons: Activity
For the fathers and sons: Talk in chapel (optional)
3:45 – 4:00
For the fathers and sons: Snack
A WIDE RANGE OF ACTIVITIES
Creative-thinking games • Speech • debate • skits • Outdoor competitive games • Wilderness exploration • Sports • “How to” lessons • Trivia competitions • Lessions on etiquette • Interactive games
WHO CAN JOIN?
Fathers and their 4th-6th grade sons. Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
How much does it cost?
$135 for a father and one son. $50 for each additional son.
2018-19 Dates and Times
The Club meets on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 2-4 pm. Sep 16 • Oct 21 • Nov 18 • Jan 20 • Feb 17 • Mar 17 • Apr 14